Eric Stanelle, MD
About Dr. Stanelle
A board-certified general surgeon, Dr. Stanelle has special interest in treating cancerous and non-cancerous conditions of the liver, pancreas and bile ducts through minimally invasive laparoscopic and endoscopic techniques. He believes patients shouldn’t have to drive hours from the Fox Cities to receive top-notch care and says, “There is no greater joy I experience as a provider than to meet with a patient and family, and together, navigate from the initial diagnosis to surgery, recovery and hopefully, a cure!”
Dr. Stanelle graduated from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and completed a general surgery internship at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). He completed general surgery residencies at UCSF and Massachusetts General Hospital-Harvard Medical School along with a clinical research fellowship in pediatric and adult surgical oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Dr. Stanelle is fellowship trained in complex hepatobiliary and pancreas surgery, interventional endoscopy and ERCP from the University of Louisville.
Throughout his training, Dr. Stanelle was named the Chief Surgical Resident at Massachusetts General Hospital and awarded with the Best Clinical Trial Proposal by the American College of Surgeons.
He was born and raised in Appleton and is happy to be back in the area with his wife and three kids. Dr. Stanelle enjoys the outdoors, especially camping, hiking, fishing and hunting.
For patient convenience, our providers practice at multiple clinic and hospital locations throughout the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin. Please call FVSS for physician-specific locations.
Meet Dr. Stanelle
Pancreatic Cancer with Dr. Stanelle
Liver Tumors with Dr. Stanelle
- Bachelor of Science – Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh Oshkosh, WI
- Emergency Medical Technician – Northeast Technical College Green Bay
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) – University of Wisconsin School of Medicine Madison, WI
- Internship – General Surgery, University of California San Francisco Oakland, CA
- Categorical General Surgery Resident – University of California San Francisco, Oakland, CA
- Clinical Research Fellow – Department of Pediatric Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center New York, NY
- Categorical General Surgery Resident – Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Surgical Fellow – Complex Hepatobiliary and Pancreas Surgery, Interventional Endoscopy and Therapeutic ERCP, University of Louisville
- Psy Chi, National Honors Society of Psychology
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgery
- International Hepato-Pancreato Biliary Association
- The Pancreas Club
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- California Medical Board
- New York Medical Board
- Massachusetts Medical Board
- Kentucky Medical Board
- Wisconsin Medical Board
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support