Robert Ballard, MD
About Dr. Ballard
Dr. Ballard joined the team at Fox Valley Surgical Associates in 2001. He’s proud to be part of a staff that provides the entire spectrum of up-to-date surgical treatment options for patients with vascular disease. Dr. Ballard’s medical philosophy is clear: “I believe the patient, the family and their physician should all be active participants in treatment decisions as we’re in this together.”
After graduating from Michigan State University, Dr. Ballard completed his residency at Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia. He completed separate fellowships in vascular surgery at Louisiana State University in New Orleans and trauma/critical care at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta.
Dr. Ballard brings extensive knowledge, research and teaching experience to the area. He has taught “Ultrasound for the General Surgeon” at various workshops across the nation. Additionally, he has led numerous presentations including “Damage Control in Vascular Trauma: A New Use for Intravascular Shunts,” at the Western Trauma Association’s 28th Annual Meeting in Alberta, Canada.
Dr. Ballard has written several research articles featured in medical publications such as The American Surgeon, and The Journal of Trauma and The Annals of Surgery.
For patient convenience, our providers practice at multiple clinic and hospital locations throughout the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin. Please call FVSA for physician-specific locations.
Meet Dr. Ballard
- Bachelor of Science – Biology, Michigan Technological University
- Master of Science – Microbiology, Michigan Technological University
- Doctor of Medicine, Michigan State University
- Internship – Temple University School of Medicine, Department of Surgery
- Residency –Temple University School of Medicine, Department of Surgery
- Residency – Surgical Critical Care, Emory University School of Medicine, Grady Memorial Hospital
- Fellowship – J.D. Martin Trauma
- Emory University School of Medicine, Grady Memorial Hospital
- Fellowship – Vascular Surgery, Louisiana State University
- Board Certified, General Surgery
- Board Certified, Surgical Critical Care
- Board Certified, Vascular Surgery
- State of Wisconsin, Unrestricted License
- State of Arizona, Unrestricted License
- State of Louisiana, Unrestricted License
- State of Georgia, Unrestricted License
- Committee on Trauma, American College of Surgeons, Instructor for Advance
- Trauma Life Support
- Fundamental Critical Care Support, Society for Critical Care Medicine, Provider